Our patients are what keep us going at Pierce Orthodontics. It brings all of us such joy to witness and be a part of transforming people’s smile and being a part of their life. You truly become part of our Pierce Orthodontic family. Mount Pleasant has been our home since 1978 and we take our place in the community very seriously. If there is ever any way that we can serve you and your family better, please let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions: Orthodontics
- Hard nuts
- Corn on the cob
- Whole apples
- Pens and pencils
- Jolly Ranchers and other hard candies
- Sticky gummy bears
- Doritos and other hard taco/corn chips
- Pizza crust and other hard breads
- High sugar foods and drinks
Finding healthy, yummy, braces friendly foods can be frustrating at first. Here some delicious recipes to help get you started!
• 1 pound penne pasta
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1/4 cup flour
• 1 quart milk
• 1 pinch nutmeg
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
• 1⁄3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• 3/4 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
• 1 cup or so cooked cauliflower
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta for 12 minutes,
uncovered, then drain in a colander.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for
about a minute, then stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Keep stirring and when the white sauce is well
mixed, reduce the heat to simmer. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the ricotta cheese. Add the pasta and toss well
• 1 1/2 cups fresh fruit
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 2 1/2 tbsp honey(more or less depending on the ripeness of the fruits)
• Popsicle molds and sticks
Combine half the fruit, the yogurt, and honey in a blender and process until smooth. Cut the remaining
fruit into the jar. Divide the mixture among the prepared popsicle molds, making sure to distribute the
cut fruit well. Insert wooden popsicle sticks and freeze for 4 hours. Makes 6 servings.